Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
Koopa Troopa, Ninji and more
Mario Golf: Super Rush At launch, the content was a bit thin, but Nintendo and Camelot have improved the experience with a number of free updates. The latest one came earlier this week and brings the game to version 3.0.0.
It includes two new characters, two new playable courses, additional improvements and adjustments, and general changes.
A new #MarioGolf: Super Rush update swings on #NintendoSwitch!
Storm onto the green and victorious with Koopa Troopa, or use Ninji’s breathtaking speed to quickly tackle your opponents. Also, two new courses – Blustery Basin and Spiky Palms – are now available! pic.twitter.com/GlocdXrsQZ
– Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 23, 2021
Here are the full patch notes courtesy of Nintendo’s official support site:
Ver. 3.0.0 (Released September 23, 2021)
- “Koopa Troopa” added to playable characters
- Koopa Troopa has been added as a playable character to choose from in matches. He has very high spin and speed statistics.
- His Special Dash has features not seen on other characters.
- During the Special Dash you can freely change the direction of movement with the L-Stick. You can also jump with the A key.
- During the Special Dash you can also move across the surface of the water, but your stamina consumption increases.
- As long as you have the stamina, you can enter your clam and proceed with special dashing
- If you press the L button during a special dash, you can pause your special dash at any time.
- If your Special Dash hits other players, accelerate even more.
- This special shot has a new ability to ricochet on the ground and the number of ricochets depends on the distance. When jumping, it has the ability to blow other balls away.
- “Ninji” added to playable characters
- Ninji has been added as a playable character to choose from in matches. He has the highest speed status of any character.
- You can slide your cloak during his special dashs. The first time you land from a glide, you can even jump forward on the surface of the water.
- His special shot, like that of Koopa Troopa, has a new ability to ricochet off the ground, the number of ricochets depending on the distance traveled. When jumping, it has the ability to blow other balls away.
- “Stormy Pool” added to the playable seats
- Blustery Basin, a snow-themed course, has been added as a playable golf course.
- In addition to Ty-foos and Snow Pokeys, a new stage obstacle, “Cooligans”, has also been added.
- When the climate shift “blizzards” sets in, the wind becomes stronger than usual and the ball does not move as easily. Note the placement of bunkers and icy ponds.
- “Spiky Palms” added to the playable courses
- Spiky Palms, a desert themed golf course at dusk, has been added as a playable golf course.
- In addition to pokeys and tornadoes, a new stage obstacle “Spike” has also been added.
- When the climatic shift “Rain” occurs, the shooting movement can decrease and the barrel can suffer as well. The trick is to hit the ball a little harder than usual.
- Adding “CPU Skill”
- The CPU skill can now be selected from “Amateur”, “Pro” and “Champ”.
- Adjustments to ranked games
- Starting with the ranked game in October 2021, the rules for “standard golf” have been changed from “special shots on” to “special shots off”.
- Rates now change every 30 minutes instead of every 60 minutes.
- If you lose all three holes, the points you earn, including the entry bonus, will become zero.
- General changes
- In the online game, if a player does not pocket within a minute of all other players having pocketed in the “Standard Golf” and “All at once” options, he will be treated as if he had given up – as is the case with speed golf.
- Fixed a bug in Golf Adventure’s standard XC round that appeared to allow players to take a route other than crossing to the other side with a tornado when “restart from first hole” was selected.
- Fixed a bug in New Donk City’s amateur placement on hole 13 where a player who received a hole-in-one after hitting the parasol would add a punch to their score.
- Adjusted some collision detections for buildings and other objects in New Donk City.
- Adjusted CPU behavior for New Donk City.
- Fixed a bug where animation and voice would not match during the ranked display for ranked matches.
- Fixed a bug where Daisy’s voice and animation would not match when hitting a bogey.
- Several other bug fixes and game balance adjustments have been made to improve gameplay and playability.
If you’re interested in learning more about this latest update, be sure to read our own judgment. Have you tried it yet? What are your thoughts so far? Leave a comment below.
See also related games