Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
The new releases Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have been on the market for less than a week, and it appears that a duplication bug has already been discovered that allows Trainers to clone Pokémon and even any attached items like Master Balls.
As pointed out by @orcastraw, this bug was originally discovered by Pokémon player and Twitter user @ kevinfor5. Here is the full explanation:
Here’s: How to clone in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl discovered by @ kevinfor5 https://t.co/BZmxttLfvP pic.twitter.com/eUH4nblz8v– Kaitlyn Molinas (@orcastraw) November 23, 2021
And here are the steps to replicate that bug (via Nintendo Everything):
1. Put two Pokémon that are in the same position in different boxes (like the lower right corner)
2. Take one of these Pokémon and put it in the Battle Box
3. Go to Solaceon’s day care center, talk to the woman and choose the Pokémon from the other box
4. Before closing, click on the “Box List” at the bottom left
5. Press “Y” and swap the slots they are placed in, then deposit your Pokemon
6. Open your boxes again and go to the Battle Box
7. Take a Pokémon that you want to “delete” and insert it
8. Take the Pokémon you want to clone and add it to the list
9. Display the summary screen of the Pokémon you just added; When you get out again, it will be cloned
If you choose to run into this error, you do so at your own risk. And it’s likely that The Pokémon Company and developer ILCA will release a patch for it as soon as possible.