""Mattress Reviews"" – Google News
Saatva and Tempur-Pedic are both well known luxury mattress brands. Saatva now offers a luxury memory foam mattress, the Loom & Leaf mattress. But how does this new online mattress compare to a classic Tempur-Pedic? Below, I’ll compare the Loom & Leaf to the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud mattress to help you decide which of these memory foam mattresses could be better for you.
In a rush? Jump down to the review summary to see who came out on top.
Loom & Leaf vs TEMPUR-Cloud: Similarities and Differences
To kick things off, I’ll go over the key similarities and differences between these two beds. I’d also encourage you to check out the full Loom & Leaf mattress review or Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud mattress review for more in-depth info about each bed.
The Loom & Leaf in the Sleepopolis studio.
- Both mattresses have a classic memory foam feel and offer sinkage, body-contouring, and pressure relief.
- Both mattresses isolate motion well, which means you won’t feel disturbed by a restless partner on either bed.
- Both these high-quality mattresses do have a luxury price tag, so budget shoppers may want to check out our best memory foam mattresses roundup to find a cheaper option.
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress in the Sleepopolis studio.
- The TEMPUR-Cloud sleeps cooler than the Loom & Leaf thanks to a special phase change cover and gel infusions.
- The Loom & Leaf offers more deep compression support, which makes it a better choice for heavier people (over 250 lbs).
- The Loom & Leaf is offered in two firmness levels, while the TEMPUR-Cloud only comes in one firmness option.
- The TEMPUR-Cloud is a bed-in-a-box mattress that will be delivered compressed. The Loom & Leaf will be delivered uncompressed.
Which is Better for You?
Before we get into more detail, I want to give you an overview of which of these high-end beds could be the best new mattress for you.
- If you’re a back sleeper who likes a memory foam feel both of these mattresses could feel comfortable to you.
- If you’re a heavier sleeper (over 250 lbs) the Loom & Leaf is the best choice. It uses a super thick memory foam layer to offer deep compression support, which means heavier people will get the body contouring they need without sinking too far through the bed.
- If you’re a side sleeper either mattress could work for you. They both offer plenty of body-contouring and pressure relief.
- If you’re a stomach sleeper you should opt for the firm model of the Loom & Leaf mattress. It’s firm feel should help keep your hips in line with your shoulders. But if you’re a strict stomach sleeper on the heavier side, you might want to check out one of our best innerspring mattresses instead.
- If you’re a combination sleeper neither of these beds will be responsive enough for you. I’d recommend checking out one of our best mattresses for combination sleepers to find a bouncier bed.
- If you’re a hot sleeper the TEMPUR-Cloud is the way to go. It sleeps cooler than the Loom & Leaf mattress.
Loom & Leaf and TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress Feel Comparison
Now that you know a little more about each bed, I’ll get into depth about how each feels. Keep in mind that feel is subjective, and depends on your body weight and preferred sleeping position. I had each of my coworkers test these beds along with me, so you’ll see the average of our scores below.
The Loom & Leaf and the TEMPUR-Cloud on the mattress firmness scale.
Loom & Leaf
The Loom & Leaf is offered in a relaxed firm and firm model. The relaxed firm model is a medium-soft bed that falls at a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale. For reference, the industry standard for medium firmness is 6.5 out of 10. Its firm model falls at an 8 out of 10 on the firmness scale, and is a firm mattress.
Both models offer some great sinkage and body-contouring. You definitely feel more “in” than “on” this mattress. I especially like this feel for side and back sleepers, who I’d recommend the relaxed firm model for.
I like the Loom & Leaf for side sleepers.
I like the firm model for stomach sleepers and heavier people. The Loom & Leaf features thick foams that offer deep compression support, which means that the firm model might offer a medium-firm memory foam feel to heavier folks. Since they’re likely to sink straight through most memory foam mattresses, this is a great perk for them.
Like the relaxed firm Loom & Leaf, the TEMPUR-Cloud falls at a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale. This softer feel is especially nice for side and back sleepers. I really liked that I could feel the foams in the TEMPUR-Cloud conforming to my lower back, offering some nice support and pressure relief in my lumbar region.
I like the Tempur-Cloud for back sleepers.
Like the Loom & Leaf, the TEMPUR-Cloud does a great job of isolating motion transfer. This means you’re unlikely to feel disturbed by a restless partner tossing and turning on either of these beds. This motion isolation is great for couples, but I think the TEMPUR-Cloud has the edge over the Loom & Leaf when it comes to shopping for a bed to share.
The TEMPUR-CLoud might be better for couples because it sleeps nice and cool. It’s built with breathability in mind, and sleeps much cooler than more traditional memory foam mattresses like the Loom & Leaf. So I think hot sleepers and couples sharing body heat might prefer this mattress.
Comparing Loom & Leaf and Tempur-Pedic Prices
The Loom & Leaf is a little cheaper than the TEMPUR-Cloud, but both mattresses are on the pricier side. These retailers do offer some great deals to cut down on costs. You can visit our Loom & Leaf mattress coupon and Tempur-Pedic mattress coupon pages to check those out.
Prices listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|Size||Loom & Leaf||TEMPUR-Cloud|
Comparing Loom & Leaf and Tempur-Pedic Mattress Materials
Next up we’ll take a look at what each of these mattresses is made with. Both memory foam beds feature all-foam support, but they do have a few key construction differences.
Loom & Leaf
The Loom & Leaf is a 12-inch memory foam mattress built for deep compression support.
Cover — The Loom & Leaf’s organic cotton mattress cover feels soft and cozy. The cover is quilted with some soft foam for some additional pressure relief. It’s also woven through with all natural thistle, which is a nice alternative to chemical based flame retardants.
Comfort Layer — A comfort layer made of gel memory foam contours to the body and offers great pressure relief. It also promotes a bit of airflow throughout the mattress.
Support Layer — Next up is a support core made of ultra-premium 5 lb memory foam. This ultra-thick layer offers deep compression support to heavier sleepers, which is an especially nice feature of this mattress.
Base Layer — A high-density poly foam base offers durability and overall support to the rest of the mattress.
The materials used in the Loom & Leaf.
The TEMPUR-Cloud is a 10-inch memory foam mattress built with cooling materials.
Cover — The TEMPUR-Cloud cover is made from breathable 360° stretch fabric. This moisture-wicking fabric moves with the sleeper and prevents the mattress from trapping too much body heat.
Comfort Layer — A TEMPUR® foam top layer feels like traditional memory foam but traps less body heat. This layer cushions pressure points at the shoulders and hips.
Transition Layer — A layer of firmer TEMPUR® foam eases the sleepers down onto this mattress’s support layer.
Base Layer — A thick layer of high-density support foam offers stability and support to the mattress.
A look inside the TEMPUR-Cloud.
Loom & Leaf vs TEMPUR-Cloud: Best Qualities
That wraps up my Loom & Leaf vs TEMPUR-Cloud mattress comparison! Still not sure which mattress is best for you? Take a look at a few of my favorite features of each bed to decide.
Loom & Leaf Best Features
- The Loom & Leaf’s two firmness levels make this mattress fairly versatile. Most different sleepers should be able to find a model that works for them.
- The deep compression support this mattress offers makes it a great choice for heavier people.
- Memory-foam lovers should really like this mattress! It offers all the sinkage and body-contouring these folks need to feel comfortable.
TEMPUR-Cloud Best Features
- The cooling features in the TEMPUR-Cloud make it a great choice for hot sleepers who like a memory-foam feel.
- Side and back sleepers should really like the medium-soft feel of this mattress.
- If you’re interested in a Tempur-Pedic mattress I’d recommend checking out the TEMPUR-Cloud. Compared to other mattresses in the Tempur-Pedic line it comes at a very affordable price.
Comparing Company Policies
- Trial Period — 180 Nights
- Shipping — Free White Glove Delivery
- Mattress Warranty — 15-Year Warranty
- Trial Period — 90 Nights
- Shipping — Free, Compressed
- Mattress Warranty — 10-Year Warranty
Comparing Saatva and Tempur-Pedic Customer Service
I got in touch with each brand’s customer service team and rated my experience with them. Possible ratings include: Stellar, Great, Satisfactory, or Poor.
Saatva Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
Satisfactory: Saatva’s chat function took about 15 minutes to connect me with a rep. The rep was very helpful, but there was a wait. I’ll note that this rating also took into account a few customer reviews that mention significantly delayed deliveries and slow response times.
Tempur-Pedic Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
Stellar: A helpful rep answered my questions right away on Tempur-Pedic’s website. I also liked that their chat feature clearly listed contacts in different departments. Tempur-Pedic also provided a number to call if you wanted an expert to help you choose a mattress model.
Comparing Other Models from Saatva and Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic and Saatva both offer several other mattress models. While Tempur-Pedic specializes in memory foam beds, Saatva makes several different kinds of mattresses. Take a look below to learn more about a few popular models from each brand.
- Saatva’s flagship mattress has a bouncy innerspring feel.
- This bed offers firm support that should work well for heavier sleepers.
- Combination sleepers might really enjoy the responsive feel of this mattress.
- Learn more in the full Saatva mattress review.
Saatva Latex Hybrid
- The Saatva Latex Hybrid is a latex hybrid mattress that feels much bouncier than the Loom & Leaf and TEMPUR-Cloud.
- Latex is naturally cooling, which means this latex mattress feels quite breathable.
- This Saatva offers firm support that’s great for back and stomach combo sleepers.
- Find out more in the full Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress review.
- The TEMPUR-Adapt is Tempur-Pedic’s classic memory foam mattress. It offers all the body-contouring sinkage you’d expect from a memory foam bed.
- Side sleepers should really like the way this plush mattress cushions their pressure points.
- The TEMPUR-Adapt is also offered in a hybrid model that could work well for combination sleepers who need some pressure relief.
- Check out the Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews hub to learn more.
- Like the Loom & Leaf, the LuxeAdapt comes in a soft or firm model.
- Side sleepers might like the soft model, while back sleepers might like the firm model.
- The LuxeAdapt is a luxury mattress, so it’s more expensive than the other Tempur-Pedic models.
- Learn more in the full Tempur-Pedic LuxeAdapt mattress review.
Other Common Loom & Leaf and Tempur-Pedic Comparisons
Still not sure which of these beds is right for you? Check out a few other common comparisons to decide!
Loom & Leaf vs
Get the latest deals, discounts, reviews, and giveaways!
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole. When he’s not hopping on a new bed or working with our editorial team to whip up an engaging sleep education guide, you can find him reading books on world history, walking his dog Pepper, or searching for the best cheeseburger in New York City.