""Mattress Reviews"" – Google News
Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers
WinkBeds is a US-based company that sells mattresses direct to consumers from its New York headquarters.
Today we’re looking at the flagship hybrid mattress, which offers you a medium density poly foam over a core of pocket coils.
This is a high quality mattress that is perfect for anyone struggling to get in and out of the bed.
With the WinkBed hybrid you can choose from 4 hardness settings:
- Luxury company
- More solid
We’ll break down how these are rated on the hardness scale below.
However, before we get into the construction and feel of this mattress, who should buy it and who should avoid it? You can also compare mattresses like for example Saatva versus Winkbed Mattress.
Who should buy the WinkBed?
- Couples who have previously used innerspring mattresses might find this hybrid a nice alternative. The latex gives the mattress a bouncy and responsive feel, but you also get commendable isolation from movement. When you wake up at night when your partner is fidgeting, you will appreciate how soundly the WinkBed sleeps
- Do you suffer from back pain? In this case, the lumbar pad has a recessed coil core that provides maximum support to your lower back
- If you lead an active life in the bedroom, you will appreciate the massive edge support that allows you to make better use of the bed space
- For heavy sleepers over 300 pounds, the micro-coils on the mattress provide sturdy support that makes them a useful sleeping surface for taller sleepers
Who should avoid the WinkBed?
- Light side sleepers are the only group that can have problems with the WinkBeds mattress. While the support is more than adequate, the firmer WinkBeds can cause pressure sores in your hips or shoulders. Avoid this mattress if you weigh less than 130 pounds and sleep on your side
We are now going to highlight how the WinkBed mattress is made and how this affects firmness and overall feel.
- Home page
- Comfort layers
- Support layers
The highly breathable cover of this mattress is made of a stretchy material called TENCEL Lyocell. This is a natural substance obtained from eucalyptus-based products. This fabric not only feels soft on the skin, but also wicks away moisture and heat.
In the 3 softer mattresses, the comfort layer has a euro pillow. This comes in 2 parts. First you get 1 “polyfoam along with 1.5” gel polyfoam. Next are 2.5 inch pocket coils. A lumbar pad is also woven in.
With the Plus model there is even more support for heavier sleepers. Instead of the micro-coils, this mattress has an additional 2.5-inch layer of latex. This is super soft and offers valuable support for the spine, so that heavyweight sleepers have the responsiveness they need for a sound sleep.
This mattress does not have a transitional layer.
All variants of this mattress have a common support core. 858 pocket coils are distributed over 5 zones. As a result, you benefit from solid support in the lumbar region and at the same time enjoy a softer feeling around your shoulders and feet.
2.5 inch polyfoam envelops this supportive core. This serves to increase both the motion isolation and the service life.
Reinforcements go into the corners. Side sleepers and anyone who spends a lot of time reading will be lucky on the mattress side.
But how does the mattress feel and which firmness settings can you choose?
Firmness and feeling
The WinkBeds Hybrid is available in different degrees of hardness:
- Gently: This mattress is rated 4.5 (medium-soft) on the hardness scale
- Luxury company: At 6.5 on the hardness scale, this model is medium strength
- More solid: The Firmer model is a firm (7.5) mattress
- plus: The Plus is specially designed for sleepers over 300 pounds and is rated 8 on the hardness scale
All versions of the WinkBeds mattress are 14.5 inches thick.
This high quality mattress is perfect if you have trouble getting in or out. Make full use of this additional height.
The hybrid mattress from WinkBeds offers you enormous leeway. Start with the selection of the right degree of firmness from medium soft to a firm mattress with the rating 8.
Heavy sleepers are lucky, even those who weigh over 300 pounds. The Plus gives you the support you need where other mattresses might let you down.
The only people who are likely to be disappointed with the WinkBeds hybrid mattress are lightweight side sleepers.
Before you set off, bookmark our page and let us know if you’re investing in the classic WinkBeds hybrid mattress. You get excellent value for money from an industry star.
The WinkBed hybrid mattress offers you enormous leeway. You can start by selecting the appropriate firmness level from medium soft to a firm mattress with a rating of 8. Heavy sleepers are lucky, even those who weigh over 300 pounds. The Plus gives you the support you need where other mattresses might let you down. The only people who are likely to be disappointed with the WinkBed hybrid mattress are lightweight side sleepers. Before you set off, bookmark our website and let us know if you are investing in the classic WinkBed hybrid mattress. You get excellent value for money from an industry star.